[Termtools] When to start the competition?
waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Thu Oct 30 17:07:21 CET 2008
We need to decide (urgently) when to start the competition.
Reasons to keep the deadline (1-November)
* that's what deadlines are for, people have other work to do
besides the competition; extending the deadline breaks
reasons for adding at least a few days:
* decision on timeout might require some re-adjustment for some tools
* still some technical problems ( see bugzilla
e.g. http://dev.aspsimon.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=42 )
* Cime hasn't done any test runs on the platform, so far;
install of new Coccinelle version needs to be tested
Well, I see these immediate options: start competition on ...
o (S) Saturday 1-Nov-2008 00:01
o (M) Monday 3-Nov-2008 12:00
o (T) Tuesday 4-Nov-2008 12:00
o (L) later
and I suggest that for voting, where I plan to count votes as follows:
1) Saturday (S) or later (M+T+L) (majority wins)
2) if M+T+L has majority in 1: (M+T) or L (majority wins)
3) if M+T has majority in 2: M or T
I suggest a voting deadline of Friday 31-Oct, 12:00 noon CET.
Please comment (on the suggested procedure).
If no substantial complaint arises in the next few hours,
then the vote is on.
Best regards, Johannes.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 257 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
Url : http://lists.lri.fr/pipermail/termtools/attachments/20081030/fcb9b54e/attachment-0001.pgp
More information about the Termtools