[Bbob-discuss] Request for BBOB algorithms.

Olivier Teytaud olivier.teytaud at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 10:07:14 CET 2012

>  **
>
> So, the questions are:****
>
> - Should the BBOB methodology be modified to really REQUIRE the info about
> the time demands of the algorithms?****
>
> - Should/can the COCO framework be modified to do this more automatically?
> ****
>
> - Should the time demands be more emhasized in the latex templates?

Thanks for comments; my personal answer would be yes for the last and
probably for all (even for "can", because I guess, if we do not try to
avoid people who cheat, that it is somehow feasible to measure computation
times) - I know it means that results of BBOB will take far more room on
PDF files, but I think it's necessary... just so that not only one side of
results is visible.

It's clear that computation times are unstable - depends on machine,
configuration, etc; but a factor of 20
between two (non parallel) machines is not so easy to get by such tricks,
so we could at least see what is
roughly feasible or not.

Best regards,
Olivier