[Bbob-discuss] Request for BBOB algorithms.

Petr Pošík posik at labe.felk.cvut.cz
Tue Feb 28 09:54:41 CET 2012

Hi Olivier.

Regarding the running time: you are right that the graphs produced by BBOB
postprocessing do not show the running time. Nevertheless, the BBOB
methodology suggests (requires?) to run also a timing experiment to indicate
the wall-clock time needed to find a solution. (See e.g. the exampetiming.m
file). In the first BBOB issue in 2009, almost all papers actually contained
the information about the time requirements of the algorithms. In 2010, I am
not that sure...

So, the questions are:

- Should the BBOB methodology be modified to really REQUIRE the info about
the time demands of the algorithms?

- Should/can the COCO framework be modified to do this more automatically?

- Should the time demands be more emhasized in the latex templates?

Cheers, Petr