[Bbob-discuss] Software version 10.73

Nikolaus Hansen Nikolaus.Hansen at lri.fr
Mon Feb 27 16:49:58 CET 2012

Hi Costas,

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 20:33:21 +0100, Κωστας Βογκλης <voglinio at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello to all,
>
> I have conducted experiments using previous version of the code (10.7).
> Should I repeat the runs using the updated version (10.73)? Are there
> any changes in objective function codes?

we adapted the instance numbers that should be tested for BBOB 2012. The
numbers are now 1-5 and 21-30, check the exampleexperiments code. We would
prefer if you use the new instances.

> Definitely I an going to use the latex template from the new
> distribution.

we found a few bugs in the templates (in particular some of the legends
are not quite in agreement with what is shown) and will keep you posted
when we have uploaded the new versions.

Cheers,
Niko

--
Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself.

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you
are the easiest person to fool. So you have to be very careful
about that. After you've not fooled yourself, it's easy not to
fool other[ scientist]s. You just have to be honest in a
conventional way after that.
                                           -- Richard P. Feynman

Nikolaus Hansen
INRIA, Research Centre Saclay – Ile-de-France
Machine Learning and Optimization group (TAO)
University Paris-Sud (Orsay)
LRI (UMR 8623), building 490
91405 ORSAY Cedex, France
Phone: +33-1-691-56495, Fax: +33-1-691-54240